Monday, September 19, 2011

Christmas Cards!

So who else is pumped up about Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve already? This crazy girl is! I've already started planning my menu for Thanksgiving, thinking of gifts to buy for friends and family and even set the date for my annual cookie swap! Our Christmas card photo shoot is set up and outfits are being picked out for said memorable photo!

I know it's early, but we all know how that time of year sneaks up on us and then we are left wondering where the time went! With my dad's huge 60th birthday bash in November and some parties and events I'm helping friends plan, I say I can't start soon enough!

At least I have this trusty erincondren.com life planner at my side to document all of my thoughts and ideas! :) (Dear Erin Condren, feel free to send me free gifts as a thank you for that shout-out and as a motivational tool for more shout-outs. We all have a price. And mine is pretty much on Ebay, it's so low.)

I initially wanted to do something unique with our Christmas cards last year and to start a tradition. I don't watch much TV, but when I do, I become addicted to certain shows. So last year I wanted to do a "Jersey Shore" theme and have Jared be Pauly D and I be Snookie. Needless to say, that idea got shot down quicker than that little boy in the homemade aluminum bubble.

This year, I wanted to go with that theme again and dress up like characters from Swamp People since we were addicted to that in the summer. But again, no bueno.

Maybe instead, we can do a Toddlers and Tiaras themed card. With me all dolled up and Jared in the crowd mimicking me the dance moves I should be doing and the "heart face" motion where I make a heart on my face with my two index fingers and then do spirit fingers all in one motion.

Or....wait for it....a card with The Notebook theme! (We all knew Ryan Gosling was going to come up sometime today, didn't we?) Jared and I could just stand out in the middle of a lake on a boat with a bunch of water fowl around us while it rains. And we can send it out late, after Christmas and write "You thought the holidays were over? They weren't over. They STILL aren't over!"

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment