Thursday, September 15, 2011

Discussion Time!

Okay, so a co-worker and I were talking today and we were debating the issue of when you stop referring to your child's age in months. You know, like when you ask someone how old their child is and they said "21 months" instead of just saying 2.

Personally, I think after they reach the 1 year mark, it shouldn't be about months anymore. She seemed to think it was the 18 month point. And then we began wondering why people do this? I think maybe parents (moms, especially) feel that their babies grow up way too fast. So I think they refer to them in months to subconsciously keep them babies!

What do you think, when should the "month-age" stop?

And FYI, in case my mom reads this and someone asks, I'm 332 months old. :)

2 comments:

  1. A 2T and a 24 mo outfit is not one in the same, however. One would assume it would be, but alas it is not. I completely agree with you, though. I think I stopped calling Sid "months" about the 16 months. After that it was a year and a half or what ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for me T is 14 months, which at this age there is a HUGE difference in 14 months and 12. I think once the difference in ability and intelligence isn't so great then you can stop referring to them in months. But when ppl ask her age and I just say a year, they always ask how many months. Just because of the difference. I'd say after two is when you stop with the months. maybe even around the 18 or so mark.

    ReplyDelete