Thursday, November 15, 2012

RAK Experiment: Day 1


What is a RAK?  It's a Random Act of Kindness.  Through Junior Auxiliary, I met a friend named Karla.  She has three little ones (and another on the way) and would always post things on Facebook showing her and the kiddos doing RAK's.  It is amazing!  What a powerful lesson to teach your children: giving back.  It's a lesson I want Tucker to learn 100%!  When he gets old enough, I'm going to have him go with me when I volunteer at various places.  I want him to not only help others, but be excited to do so and seek out ways of doing so. 

So Karla inspired me!  I thought, "I need to do more RAK's for people".  Just simple ways to brighten someone's day.  So today I began 30 Days of RAK's!  I will do one each day and post them on the blog for you to enjoy!

Each month, we have a department head meeting at work.  It's bright and early at 8am and for alot of people, it means rushing to work a couple of minutes early to get in there before it starts, maybe not grabbing breakfast before you leave for work.  So today, I picked up two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to take! 

No comments:

Post a Comment