Saturday, November 17, 2012

RAK Experiment: Day 2

It's Thanksgiving week!!  Usually, my parents come to our house for most of the week and we prepare a feast much too large for 4 people.  This year, they weren't able to take much time off work, so we decided to do Thanksgiving the weekend before. 

The one dessert they request every year is pumpkin cheesecake.  It's award winning, and my dad will not hesitate to tell you so!  I won 2nd place a couple of years ago in the Benton Old Fashioned Day Festival Cake Contest.  I have the little mini trophy in a drawer in my kitchen as proof!  It's the little things in life.....

The cheesecake itself is not difficult, but takes alot of time since it's made from scratch.  You have to cook it for a little over an hour, then transfer it (roasting pan and all) to a rack for 45 minutes, then take it out of the springform pan and let sit for 3 hours, and so on and so on! 

Thursday night was my night with the baby since Jared and I alternate so that it's fair since we both work full-time.  Luckily, Tucker has slept straight through the night since about 6 weeks old, so really it just involves getting up a little earlier than usual since he seems to be quite the morning person!  So I had been up since 4:15 am.  Had gone to work all day, gone to pick up Tuck from daycare and then come home and made dinner while I "single-mom"ed it until about 8pm when Jared made it home from work and my parents arrived from out of town.  So naturally, what do I do then?  Go to sleep, take a hot bath, relax?  Nope! RAK #2-make my parents their favorite Thanksgiving dessert for our huge feast! 

I missed today since we were home cooking, preparing, eating and cleaning!  So tomorrow is two RAK's in one day!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment