Sunday, November 18, 2012

RAK Experiment: Day 4

Ahh, Day 4's RAK.  Probably one of my very favorite so far!  I saw online where you could put together a shoe box, or similar small container, for Operation Christmas Child.  You get a box, decide if it will be a boy or girl box and which age group.  They have 2-4, 5-9 and 10-14. I decided a 5-9 year old girl would be pretty fun to shop for and went with it!

Target was an ideal place to shop because of the kids craft supplies section and their dollar section with toys that would be small enough to fit in the container.  I got a coloring book, markers, crayons, colored pencils, a yo-yo, Slinky, bracelets, squishy ball, toothbrush, toothpaste, pencil bag, socks, stationery set, watercolors!  It was so much fun!  I put it together, filled out the label, rubber banded it and tomorrow will drop it off at a local church for distribution.  You can even go online and track your package around the globe!

After doing this, I told Jared this is definitely going to be a Simpkins family tradition!  When Tucker is older, I can't wait to go shopping for what we can put in the box for the child to receive!  I'll keep you posted on where our box ends up, I can't wait to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment