Sunday, November 18, 2012

RAK Experiment: Day 3

I am thoroughly enjoying my RAK experiment!  I hope it inspires others to do the same and inspires me to continue it every single day, not just for 30 days.  The feeling you get when you help someone else, especially around the holidays, is amazing.  I wish I could bottle that feeling and sell it.  (Or maybe give it away since that's the whole purpose!)  I'm pretty sure it would be similar to hot chocolate. :)

RAK Day 3 consisted of paying for someone else's coffee in the Starbucks line.  When I went through the drive thru today to get my venti iced caramel brulee latte, I was ready for some caffeine and energy!  Tucker decided 3am would be a fun time to start the day and of course, he picked one of my designated nights to do so.  So by 6pm, I was more than ready for some shots of espresso!  When the cashier told me the total and asked for my money, I gave him my $20 bill and said "oh and please add the person behind me".  Can I just admit that I was hoping it wasn't like a mini-van full of church ladies or a traveling Greyhound bus or something?  I mean, it was dark outside so I couldn't see into the car behind me and all I had on me was that $20!

I hope it brought joy to the person behind me and maybe they paid it forward right then by paying for the person's coffee behind them in line! 

No comments:

Post a Comment